Thursday 3 October 2019

Winter blanket project


Hello!
It's been a long time since I last posted here.
But here we go then, it's a long story


Three years ago I made all these granny squares 



First it started with a few 



Then a few became more!


Then I got a bit artistic


So they became a way of passing the time in the evening 


More artistic poses


They became my travelling project, for in the car or on the train


The in the kitchen waiting for things to cook project.

So I kept going until the yarn ran out and that was it. So they were put away in the cupboard and sort of forgotten about, to be honest I just didn't know what to do with them, could they become a blanket, a cushion, or given away to someone else who could find a use for them.

And that was where they stayed until a few weeks ago 
When I started to look at ideas for a winter blanket project on Pinterest, there's some  very nice blanket ideas which would involve buying alot more yarn, 
but I'm still on the yarn diet.

Then I remembered the granny squares which I did three years ago, so I got them out and counted them, there was 70 squares in total. So the next thought was how on earth was I going to join them together? The thought of sewing them all together just filled me with dread and not only that I hadn't got any of the yarn used to make the said granny squares left, so that was a Definite no no! 
So back to Pinterest again, this time looking at ideas on joining squares together and the eventual idea that was hit upon was to join as you go, ok a bit of a problem there the said squares are already made and there isn't any yarn left, so the only way I could do that was to break the yarn diet!!!!!
So that is what has happened I have bought some more yarn 
But how I see it is that it is not a major disaster, in a way it's just some yarn to complete a project, it's the equivalent of having one chocolate as a treat instead of eating the whole box of chocolates and feeling guilty after.


So here we go
X





No comments:

Post a Comment

Banana bread Saturday

Ok it doesn't look like bake off standards, but it is banana bread  and it will get eaten in this house.   Oh!  And some knitting which ...